Travel Tips by PJ
Travel Tips by PJ
Tips For Anxious Travelers
Travel Defrag Scents
Pack essential oils, extracts of flowers & plants to enhance any travel. Suggestions: mimosas, jasmine, lavender, cherry blossom, verbena.
Green Tea: subtle complex, fresh, uplifts your mood, invigorating. Create well-being.
Labdanum: wild/hardy, replenish, protect against summer heat. Rich resin, warm, sensual scent.
Cherry blossom: fresh, floral, magical scent/feel. Relax, enlighten, inhale.
Lavender: calm, soothes your senses. Soap sheets, lotions, bath gels, candles
Mimosas: unforgettable, hues of gold, "Winter sun" a mood lifter.
We recommend Young Living's Essential Oil Products.
More Scents & Ingredients With Purpose
@ Almond: harness & nourish yourself, create your natural calm. Travel with almond oil, creams, saches
@ Amber: warm, musky, rich and honey-like, also somewhat earthy
@ Angelica: "angel's grass", oil, properties for overworked, hydrating, toning.
@ Cade: wild juniper for skincare, antiseptic, strengthening, shaving option
@ Cedar: base notes of musk and vanilla underneath warm earthy scent
@ Cherry Blossom: magical scent & feel, fresh & floral. Enlighten & inhale
@ Coconut: oil for body/skin/hair/ digest
@ Frankincense: anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious, deep level healing. Soothes skin, nerves, protects from microbes, anti-cancerous, for warts/moles/ age spots
@ Grasse: smells like Fragonard's fragrance "la fleur d'oranger"
@ Immortelle: Helichrysum, oil for sun protection, pain relief, psoriasis, eczema, tissue regenerate & healing.
@ Iris: varies almost much like rose, can be earthy and spicy
@ Jasmine: enchanting, flower connected with beauty, Egyption queens. Released evening/nightfall for soft, exotic feelings, seduction
@ Lavender: emanating scent captures the soul, calm/soothe body/mind. Sooth irritated & dry skin, reduce inflammation, allergic reactions, anti-fungal, anti-tumor, anti-microbial, anti-everything
@ Myrrh: anti-infectious, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, natural, tonic & astringent. For chapped skin & infections
@ Orange Blossom: light, fresh yet sensual, add sweet black currant notes, sensuous woody scents, musk
@ Peony: romantic, powdery, floral
@ Rose: highly revered, rose oil helps stop collagen breakdown. Prevents scarring, promotes healing, increases circulation, best oil for your skin
@ Sandalwood: protective UV agent, skin regenerative, anti-infectious, anti-tumor, a natural tonic, astringent
Make Your Own Linen Water!
Tiny Travel Accessories
- USB Drive: go paperless. A flash drive discretely holds 4-8 gigabytes for documents, passport info, presentations. Get water/scratch-resistant.
- Lip Balm: in change purse below
- Mini flashlight: add to keychain or luggage zippers, you'll be glad you did.
- Hand Sanitizer: on-the-go must for cruise, airports, plane, everywhere. CDC recommends alcohol-based-60 percent.
- Change Purse: Have change, money, a credit card, stash for small items
- Pen(s): a must, at least 2, customs lines.
- Multi-Use Tool: not carry-on, be prepared w/scissors, tweezers, bottle opener
- Speaker: it's your party, a tiny speaker for your smartphone! Relax, turn a trip to the beach or airport layover into a dance party!
Because everyone's limits are different! 503-260-0557
Pre-Departure Travel Tips
Changing time zones makes your body's sense of timing tip. Being little miss sunshine means using light to catch up with your brain. (even if you thought you already lost it)
- Trade in some nights for going to bed later or get up earlier to match the time zone you're heading to.
- And for your eating schedules, you need your body to be your friend traveling.
- Avoid alcohol a few days before you head to that dreamy destination wedding or massive conference - after all, you know the bars and tropical concoctions are waiting for you, they won't run out of rum, wine or beer before you get there. ON the other hand you may run out before you leave or even finish business.
- If we've reserved an all-inclusive getaway for you, awesome! You won't make it to your room without champagne or a rum punch welcome. If you have never flown with a hang-over, you will probably only do it once.
- Eat light meals during the day, get up and exercise, stretch. You are going to need your mind and body. Fresh fruit, vegetables, less deep fried and prepared food will help your time zone transition.
PJ's TIP & MUST Accessory
A square yard of flannel or small throw (like swaddling an infants) Soft, thin flannel, folds to almost nothing in your carry-on. PJ has several from hanging monkeys to pink peace signs. Make it an expression or not, be who you are, take a little bit of home with you.
Find your flannel of preferred colors, hearts, bridal patterns, flashy flowers, trim. It will be your best friend forever!
Ultra Useful Carry On Bags
8 Best Travel Chargers
Charging your phone at the airport is a huge security risk. (When the outlets work)
To keep powered up when you’re on the go use a charger or powerbank built for stealth and power, one you control, drop in your pocket or a bag with charger built in.
Amazon currently offers 3000+ results for “portable power banks,” so how do you choose the right one for your phone/laptop/camera charging, etc. Click the title above for eight travel chargers and power banks that serve specific purposes, versatility to quickness for your survival.
Insect-Proof Clothing and Gear
We love the jungle, we love the rainforest! Waterfalls, hiking, trekking, gardens, onn and just off the beach, caves, ruins and tours are some of our favorite parts of your vacation! Getting a bug bite is an itchy nuisance for a few days, we want you to avoid possible exposure to any serious disease. That means common mosquito-borne illnesses or ticks and what they can carry.
To protect yourself, packing insect-repellent clothing and other gear on hiking trips, tropical vacations, or any trip where you might be at risk of bug bites. Click the title above for examples of clothing and gear.
Hide Your Money
This trick for how for hiding money while you travel is a good one. Stash an emergency bit of cash inside a lip balm tube and keep it with you. (your wallet which is the usual target.)
Use a tube of lip balm laying around the house. Turn up and remove excess lip balm, fold your bill(s) in half length-wise, choose your bills and amount, tuck it in! Want a video on this? Click Hide Your Money title above!
Yin & Yang Color Travel & Packing Tips:
Yin energy: passive, to calm, soothe, relax: black, blue, purple, pink, white, green
Yang energy-not passive, colors to balance your life:
orange, yellow, beige, brown, tan, red, maroon, mauve, lavender, gold
Wild Side Destinations
(503) 260-0557 /(503) 260-0524
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-6 W/E: By Appt
Special Events by PJ
All Weddings Allowed
Fiji Destination Weddings
Tahiti Destination Weddings
Managed by Voyager Websites