From the moment you arrive in Puerto Vallarta, you'll feel the difference! Something about the history, geography, culture, food and the people make a vacation here unique. By ship or by air, we've got 22,000 rooms from luxury resorts, all-inclusive resorts, boutique to mid-range places to stay. Mexico and Puerto Vallarta fit everyone's lifestyle, travel dreams, new experiences and comfort zone. You can be as busy or as relaxed as you wish. Make it an adults only getaway, a family vacation, a destination wedding, a social or business group, travel on your terms, your way with PJ!
Pueblo Magico Program
1. Have you heard of the Puebla Magico program? It means Magical Towns and they have 111 designated venues which have met a 150 item checklist dictated by the Ministry of Tourism. Things like: . population between 20,000 and 150,000 . within two hours (200km) from a major tourism city . citizens in the town know of there Magico designation . architecture and history of Mexico reflect in the buildings . keep and maintain traditions and festivities of the town . maintain local handicrafts and significant production . keep the traditional gastronomy of the region (yum, yum) . and the list goes on!
2. Iconic Experiences With the emphasis on connecting with the destination and culture, towns, cities and the 31 states. Puerto Vallarta is not qualified to be Magico, it's a city, but surrounded by 7 Magical Towns that enhance your Vallarta experience! Jalisco, the state promotes 3 icons: Tequila (national drink, and town of Tequila), Charro (the horsemen, with Charro festivals/rodeos in Guadelajara and Puerto Vallarta and Mariachi (Western Mexico music).
3. Cruisers to Puerto Vallarta Puerto Magico, Terminal One with a Hacienda Tequila interactive production related tof Tequila, Mining and Gastronomy, shopping, the largest aquarium in Latin America. Open to all! For 2017, 145-150 cruise ships will dock for their 12-hour stop.
4. "walking in my shoes" “Walking in my shoes” implies friendly visitors and conversations. A walkable destination with the Malecon downtown's oceanside boardwalk, a hive of activity day and night. Lined streets of shops, side-walk restaurants, bars and hotels and near the Los Puertos pier and beach visit the Romantic Zone, Old Town. From native Huichol beading techniques at the indigenous gallery Colectiva to top ceviche dishes at La Cerveceria Union or seven four-ounce glasses of artesanal beer at Los Muertos Brewing.
5. Special Interest Hobbies and Travel Puerto Vallarta is known for special interest travel. Botanical Gardens, a gardener and photographer's dream come true. Bird watching of 200+species, adventure and adrenaline with flora and fauna. Ziplining, motorcycling, jeep safari, snorkeling, scuba, beach activities, horseback riding, hiking, trekking, history, culture, architecture, art, golf, fishing, spas, oh my!
6. Creative Fresh Food The enjoying the food in Puerto Vallarta includes the freshest of ingredients and star chefs, you can literally eat your way through Puerto Vallarta. Stop in at the Tortilla Factory, order stuffed avocado, tortilla soup, Aguachile Shrimp, ceviche, Mole Verde, Mussels Dona Concha, Veracruz-style Plantain Empanadas. How about a marriage proposal at Gaby's!
7. Romance and Celebrations Puerto Vallarta with cobblestone streets, colorful sunsets, sailing and dinner on Las Caletas (we'll add your destination wedding nor vow renewal), romantic sunset cruises, a couples massage experience, complimentary all-inclusive weddings, romantic beach dinners, honeymoon packages. We'll arrange a Puerto Vallarta Proposal and you can put a ring on it then do some Tequila tasting!