Cruising - Size Does Matter, leave a smaller footprint
Customized Cruise Travel Planner, Big Ship Cruising, Little Ship Cruising, Tall Ship Cruises, Cruise Excursions, Cruise Weddings, Ports-Of-Call Weddings
cruise itinerary: one of the most important choices you make
know the ports of call and what they offer
what do you want: shopping, culture, hiking, watersports?
all ports of call are not created the same!
How To Pick Your Perfect Cruise, Where to Cruise
With 160+ ships, 24 major cruise lines, more than 7,500 itineraries ... how do you pick your perfect cruise? How do you pick a cruise to suit your style? Here's some important cruising guidelines
Pick a Cruise Itinerary, Review It
from Alaska to Caribbean
How do you decide which one most suits your style?
Evaluate Your Options Using These Guidelines
Where to go:Decide on the destinations and itinerary first, ship second. Cruise lines are always adding and changing ports of call!
Next, look at the specifics:Caribbean cruises offer Eastern Itineraries, Western Itineraries, Southern Itineraries and Exotic South Caribbean Itineraries. Alaskan cruises, ships tend to follow two routes: Inside Passage itineraries round-trip from Seattle or Vancouver OR Gulf of Alaska itineraries, usually one-way, north to south, south to Vancouver.
Head for the high seas ~ the excitement of a cruise! Choose from a long list of exotic destinations. Explore fascinating ports, relax in luxurious accommodations, let loose with fun-filled activities on board your large or small ship cruise vacation. Add a destination wedding or honeymoon! It’s never too soon to start planning your cruise.
When to go:Shoulder seasons bargains vs high season: a mild fall day can be nicer than baking under the August sun in the Mediterranean. Alaska’s popularity with families means May and September (when children are in school), can translates into less cruisers and better cruise deals. Fewer people can mean more chances to see black bears, humpback whales, available lounge chair around the pool, better bar service, less lines.
Select the cruise line:consider the fact you are also choosing your elbow-to-elbow passengers, consider why you're cruising and your personality. It will make or break your memories and experience if you aren’t matched to the cruise line that suits your style and you may well not want to cruise again. Some have dress codes, some have anytime dining, some have assigned dining times and seating. What ghjhkjknggfhhjgdgkjfhhfteyhfjehskdi4 6 665dlcnjjhjdfh
free parking and transfers to and from the airport!
Eight Things Not to Do on Your First Cruise (or any cruise)!
Gay and lesbian travelers with a love of the open seas!
We have a number of cruising choices to meet your communities and your interests. For travelers more interested in nonstop partying, intense bonding and the most gay-friendly ports of call, well-established options like Atlantis, R.S.V.P. and Olivia charter entire ships for all-gay cruises several times a year.
Gay travelers do not need to compromise on luxury or choice of itineraries, however. We have all cruise sailings and ships that have come to recognize the power and equality of the gay and lesbian cruise traveler.
We highly recommends all travelers have a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel). Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, travelling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. without one.
Passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons.
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the WHTI compliant documents, listed below. Additionally, baptismal and hospital certificates, copies of U.S. passports and naturalization papers, are not WHTI compliant documents, therefore, are NOT acceptable.
Valid U.S. Passport
Original or suitable quality copy of a Birth Certificate (Issued by a government agency: state/county/city)
Certificate of Naturalization
Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card
Enhanced Tribal Card
A Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)
Passport requirements by air arrival: all travelers, including U.S. Citizens and Green Card holders from the Caribbean, Central America, South America and Bermuda, are required to have a passport to enter or re-enter the United States by flight.
Become a Europe Cruiser
More customized packages created for you! Adventure Package . Beach Bonding Package . Biking . BFF . Destination Wedding Package . Honeymoon Package . Luxury Package . Proposal Package . Reef and Rainforest . Vow Renewal . Private Yacht . Incentive Travel . Team Building
Wild Side Tip: Say Yes to Park & Fly hotel packages (free parking!!!!!!)
Eight Things Not to Do on Your First Cruise (or any cruise)
1. Book with our cruise destination planner PJ. Concierge services, one-on-one consulting, compare, calibrate, celebrate, all cruise planners and group cruise planners are not created equal.
2. Don’t pick the wrong cruise itinerary. There's simply nothing worse than having too many days than you want at sea, having ports of call and destinations that are not interesting to you, don't offer activities you are interested in or want to try.
3. Don't pick the wrong cruise line or wrong stateroom. It's important to match the cruise line to your personality, personal preferences, lifestyle, hobbies. Remember you are choosing your friends, the other cruisers on this ship as your companions for the next 3 to 7-days like it or not. Consider why you are cruising and what you are hoping for memories of a lifetime. Looking at staterooms, some deserve the name cabins while other's may be home away from home with garden suites, balconies and deck level preferences. Can you sleep in a coat closet, does your room have a window, things to consider. The cruise is a reward, it should reflect a minimum of your lifestyle and hopefully more.
4. Your Companion: It won't matter how nice the ship, stateroom or itinerary is if you pick the wrong companion to travel with. You're investing in memories, consider your sanity, consider your budget, cruising is not an all-inclusive getaway. There will be more expenses, nonalcohol, alcohol, shopping, casino temptations, will you be telling yourself or your companion NO constantly when you pass one of a dozen lounges, bars, the casino? When the shopping gene sets in at every port of call, have you discussed or have an agreement on island goodies? Your days at sea will cost you, will you spend more on boat or off boat. (yes, we still call them boats since our days of Salmon Fishing as kids with grandpa over the Columbia River bar). We have not figured out a formula for helping you choose your companion ..... yet!
5. Is the buffet your best friend? Sure there are lots of great choices and variety, but will the clothes you brought on the cruise fit mid-cruise, during the cruise and after the cruise? With food at every turn, you won't need to run to get in line.
6. Don’t take packing for granted. A top commandment, keep your passport on or in your carry-on. If you think finding a needle in a haystack is fun, wait around while everyone else boards and you have to find your luggage among thousands of other pieces of luggage (with 50% looking just like yours). This applies for shopping in a duty-free ports, you usually need your passport for the deepest discounts.
7. Don’t forget the morning after. Have an adventurous spirit and have a few but remember no one wants to waste a precious day in the cabin soothing your headache from hell or trying to exchange your stomach for someone elses.
8. Don't forget to bring hand sanitizer, medications, you are sharing a confined space with hundreds of others who may not have the same idea you have of sanitation and clean. Be one of the few who does NOT get sick or have gastrointestinal problems in ship contamination events.
All Inclusive customized luxury cruising
our Destination Cruise Planner-PJ
choose OUR destination Cruise Planner - PJ
choose the cruise itinerary
remember: all ports of call are NOT created equal
match the ports of call, with your style
What do YOU want to see and do? (shopping, culture, hiking, watersports, nature, culture)
Port of call cruise weddings means specific islands
Plan personalized individual and family excursion
compare cruise group amenities
It's never too soon to plan a cruise
Call 888-696-4202, ask for PJ
all cruise planners are not created equal.
We Book Your Excursions, Save You Money, Save You Time! Have a Better, Personalized Experience, prebook your excursions with PJ.
Columbia & Snake Rivers Journey: Harvests, History & Landscapes 7-Day Itinerary
Sail 450 miles along the Columbia & Snake Rivers, tracing much of the route of Lewis & Clark while learning about their Corps of Discovery expedition. Dine on regional specialties, and enjoy complimentary local wines, and craft beers. Discover diverse landscapes; take a thrilling jetboat ride in Hells Canyon; and transit a series of locks that raise the ship nearly 700 feet. Plus, choose to extend your expedition with an optional Willamette Valley wine tasting, tour of Portland, or both!
Cruising Up Close and Personal - the small ship experience! When cruise-ing upclose and personal, you'll discover some of the most breathtaking sites in the world, visit remote locations unspoiled by man's excess and gain an appreciate for how special our world is! And how fragile...
At Wild Side Destinations and Destination Wedding travel, leaving a much smaller footprint than the mega-ship cousins is our delight.
But we're even more serious about our year-round commitment to treat every place we visit with respect and the utmost care. Afterall, it isn't just the earth, it's home. A few small ship cruise lines we highly recommend and can assist you with cruise planning and cruise groups.
Click, compare, call and cruise with PJ! 888-696-4202
Number of Nights: 7
Ship: Norwegian Pearl
Set sail for the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of the Caribbean, with unforgettable stops at destinations like: Cozumel, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras; and Key West, Florida.